Photographers Reveal the Source of their Business in Recent Survey
AdoramaPix recently conducted a customer survey, which resulted in a number of interesting findings, including how professional photographers acquire their clients.
View as PDF
December 4, 2012 (FPRC) -- AdoramaPix Inc. (http://www.adoramapix.com), a well-respected photographic printing service for consumers and professionals, released some of the results from their most recent customer survey. The photography service asked their customers to complete a short survey about how they use photography and what level of involvement they have in the medium. There was a strong response, both from amateur and professional photographers. Some of the most interesting results in the survey came from the information revealed by professional photographers.
In the AdoramaPix survey, professional photographers were asked about the source of their business. For any professional, especially those running their own business, acquiring clients is a crucial part of the job. Many times it will determine whether the business is a success or failure. When asked where their clients came from, an overwhelming number – over 70% – of professional photographers said that their business came from referrals by previous customers. A much smaller amount of photographers, about 4%, said that their business came from their photography web site. Advertising did make a difference for some photographers. About 2% of participants in the survey said that they received business from online advertising and an equal number found business through traditional, or offline, advertising. Another 2% of professional photographers who responded to the survey used social media to find new business.
Professional photographers were also asked in the AdoramaPix survey about the effects of the economic slowdown of their business. Asked if they had had to seek work outside photography during these tougher financial times, 60% of professional photographers who responded said that they had not needed to work outside their regular business. On the other hand, 40% admitted that they had needed additional non-photography work to support their photography business. “This survey really shows what’s happening with professional photographers right now,” said Herman Klein, AdoramaPix’s Director. “Some, though not all, photography pros are struggling due to the economy. The results of the survey also speak to the value of existing customers in generating new business.”
As Mr. Klein states, the AdoramaPix survey really makes abundantly clear how important it is for a professional photographer to have satisfied customers. Considering how the photography business is driven by referrals, every customer can really be seen as more than one customer. Although social media and advertising will continue to grow as sources of business, it is still the customer that keys business success. A customer happy with the quality of work, value of price and level of service will willingly spread the word about an excellent photographer to his/her colleagues. However, a dissatisfied customer will want to forget the experience or may even comment negatively on a photographer’s business. It shows that professional photographers, especially during the current difficult economic landscape, need to do everything possible to please all of their clients. AdoramaPix will share more results from their customer survey in the near future.
AdoramaPix has been serving the needs of the photographic community for over fifteen years. Well known for the superior quality of their printing services and excellent customer support, they have become the lab of choice for professional photographers and savvy consumers all over the country.
– Michelle Libby, AdoramaPix: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send an email to Michelle Libby of AdoramaPix
Recent Press Releases By The Same User
Lion Brand Yarn Donates $1,000,000 in Proceeds from Vanna White Yarn Line As Gift to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Wed 13th Feb 13)
Vanna White to Host Lion Brand Yarn Company Fashion Show at the 2013 Craft & Hobby Association (CHA) Winter Trade Show (Wed 9th Jan 13)
TIAS.com Reports Start of December 2012 Online Merchant Sales Up 28% (Tue 11th Dec 12)
AdoramaPix Releases Online Photo Book Sharing Platform Called Book Gallery (Sun 9th Dec 12)
Lion Brand Yarn Company Announces Vanna's Choice 2013 Sweepstakes (Sat 24th Nov 12)