Creator of Spirited-Thinking.com Says a Free Mind and a Creative Look at Spirit, Science and Being Human Is the Key to Intellectual and Spiritual Awakening
Inspirational movie, “Three Ideas for Centering Your Life,” is the centerpiece of Spirited-Thinking.com. The site seeks spiritual meaning for free minds; looks creatively at science, spirit, and real life with Inspirational Movies, Poems about Life, Best Quotes About Life.
View as PDF
October 23, 2013 (FPRC) -- Rod Van Abbema says the new web magazine he has created, Spirited-Thinking.com, is intended for people who value the spiritual dimension of life but may not be satisfied with traditional religions. He believes that, in light of scientific knowledge about the cosmos and evolution, many people want to be realistic and think for themselves when seeking spiritual meaning. Spirited-Thinking.com is intended for this growing audience.
“Three Ideas for Centering Your Life,” the centerpiece of Spirited-Thinking.com, is based on an original poem by Van Abbema. It’s central theme is that all of life is sacred and that everything we do is spiritual practice. He included nature photography and meditative music and hopes that viewers will be inspired to see that life is beautiful and that every moment should be embraced.
Van Abbema says that different minds find knowledge and inspiration in different ways. Therefore Spirited-Thinking.com will use several forms of expression. In addition to inspirational movies or videos, he will publish:
• Life Notes for a Free Mind: The philosophy behind the site includes the idea that nature, the human community, and even the cosmos are sources of inspiration; so it’s fruitful accept the scientific facts about reality and see them with some imagination. Life Notes for a Free Mind are short essays created to encourage both thought and inspiration and can be downloaded and printed for free.
• Best Quotes About Life: Sometimes brilliant observations about life are found in just a few words. Best Quotes About Life presents thought-provoking quotes, some from the past, some from the present. Van Abbema expands on the quotation briefly to encourage the reader to contemplate and find his or her own meaning in the words.
• Feature Articles: Once a month, Spirited-Thinking.com will publish an article that looks more deeply at some contemporary ways of finding spirituality in the real world. Some of the questions that will be considered are:
- What is the human individual? Is the individual just physical matter or a spiritual being?
- In light of scientific realities, is God real?
- What good is religion?
- Is there spiritual meaning in the fact of evolution?
- Can an individual develop his or her own philosophy about life?
• Poems About Life: Van Abbema finds spiritual meaning in many aspects of life and enjoys creative writing. He will publish free form poems that encourage the imagination to see spiritual depth in what we think of as ordinary life.
• Book Reviews: Many thinkers and writers are talking about spirituality, science, history and religion from new viewpoints. Some of their books are wonderful, some are not so wonderful. The book reviews take a thoughtful and critical look at some of them, perhaps aiding site-visitors in selecting books they will enjoy most.
Van Abbema believes that increasing numbers of people think of themselves as spiritual but not religious. Many also retain connections with religion but reject dogma because they want to think for themselves. Spirited-Thinking.com is meant for these humans as they seek their own way of being.
Send an email to Rod Van Abbema of Spirited Thinking
Recent Press Releases By The Same User